POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lens Flare : Lens Flare Server Time
17 Aug 2024 04:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Lens Flare
From: Trevor Quayle
Date: 7 Nov 2001 11:24:15
Message: <3be9602f@news.povray.org>
With regards to ht ethread in p.g, here is a sample image of a 'real' lens
flare.  As you can see, a lot of work still needs to be done to perfect it,
but I don't think I'm going to try at the moment, the rendering is too time
consuming.  This scene took 17m  with no AA, no media, no isosurfaces, just
reflection/refraction through a lens system.

BTW, the light source is not in front of the camera, it is its reflection on
the sphere that makes it visible.

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: